- Children must be five years of age on or before September 1, 2018.
- The office is required to have the following documents on file prior to student enrollment. Students may not begin school with an incomplete file. Front office staff will be happy to assist in making copies of each document during orientation.
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record
- Proof of Residency
If you know of kindergarten age children who live in your neighborhood but may not be aware we are now enrolling students, please have their parents call the school at (801) 826-9475.
- To order a new copy of a birth certificate, visit the Utah Department of Health website.
- To view a list of required immunizations for 2018-2019 Kindergarten enrollment, visit the Immunize Utah website.
- To find immunization clinics, visit Utah Health Department Immunization Program website.
Supplemental Kindergarten – Sprucewood spots still available!
Canyons School District will again offer Supplemental Hours of Instruction for Kindergarten-age students in the 2018-2019 school year. Students must meet kindergarten eligibility to participate in the opt-in, tuition-based program.
- Students will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Cost for the program is $2,950 a year, and can be paid in monthly installments of $295, August-May. A 10 percent discount is available for parents and guardians who pay the yearly tuition in full at one time. There also is a one-time, non-refundable registration fee of $100.
- Financial-need scholarships also are available for qualifying students. Parents may apply for the financial assistance at the same time they submit enrollment applications.
What are the benefits of the Supplemental Hours of Instruction program?
Students who receive supplemental hours of instruction in kindergarten are more prepared for school. They do better with the transition to first grade, show significant gains in school socialization and are equipped with stronger learning skills.
How do I apply for the program?
Applications for Kindergarten Supplemental Instructional Hours are available online: http://www.canyonsdistrict.org/district-news/item/11857-we-re-growing-apply-soon-to-csd-s-augmented-kindergarten-program
Applications may be submitted after the Initial Enrollment window. Families will be notified within 2 weeks of their application if they have been placed in a program or on a waiting list.
What is the cost of the Kindergarten Supplemental Instructional Hours program?
Tuition is $2,950 per student for the school year or $295.00 per month, August through May. If tuition is paid in full at once, a 10 percent discount will be applied. There also is a one-time, non-refundable registration fee of $100. The cost of lunch is not included in the tuition. Tuition helps cover the cost of the additional hours of instruction that are not offered in the half-day, tuition-free programs at all Canyons elementary schools. Full tuition or monthly payment for August, can be paid, starting March 26th, along with the first time $100 registration fee.
What forms of payment are accepted?
If paying for the entire school year, you can pay with a credit card. Monthly tuition payments will be automatically deducted from the credit card information provided on your contract agreement. Monthly payments will be deducted on the 15th of every month beginning in August and ending in May. If payment falls on a weekend/holiday, payment would be processed the next business day.
Are scholarships available?
Financial-need scholarships are available for students who qualify. Scholarship applications are linked through the program’s online application or can be requested through the Instructional Supports Department. Please call 801-826-5045 for more information.
When will I be notified about my status in the program?
Families who apply during the initial enrollment window will be notified by March 12th if they have been placed in a program or on a waiting list. Families who apply after the initial enrollment window will be notified within 2 weeks of their application if they have been placed in a program or on a waiting list.
Will my student be with a licensed teacher?
Yes, your student will receive supplemental instructional hours from a licensed teacher.
How many supplemental hours of instruction are provided?
Traditional half-day kindergarten programs are approximately two hours and 40 minutes. Students enrolled in the supplemental hours of instruction program will receive nearly four hours of additional instruction. Students enrolled in the supplemental hours of instruction program will begin and end school at the same time as the school’s first through fifth grade students. Bell schedules for all Canyons District schools can be easily accessed on the CSD website, www.canyonsdistrict.org. The schedules are found in “Parents and Community” under the Resources tab at the top of the page.
To sign up go to: https://goo.gl/forms/hxHKoxXWcqJ9L5YN2