No School on Fridays beginning October 9th
On Monday, Oct. 5, all Canyons District schools will transition to four days of classroom learning with Friday reserved for remote, or independent, learning. In-person and online learners will attend school according to their regular schedules, Monday through Thursday. There will be no early-out or late start days. Friday will be a planning, collaboration and student-consultation day for all teachers and a day of independent study for students.
What will Friday look like?
1) Students will complete work at home. The school building is closed.
2) Sprucewood teachers will provide a list of “must do” and “can do” work to be completed on Friday. Students complete “must do” work. “Can do” work is optional.
3) Sprucewood will not be sending devices home with students for Friday learning. Online learning opportunities are optional for all.
4) Please return completed “must do” paperwork assignments each Monday.
- Students should have up to 2 hours of work to complete.
- Allow for breaks.
- Student should not be working on one activity for longer than 1 hour at a time.
- Stop if frustration levels are high.
How can I get assistance on Fridays?
1) All teachers are expected to hold office hours each Friday.
-Sprucewood’s Kindergarten, 1stand 2nd grade teachers will be available telephone or online 12:00pm-2:00pm.
-Sprucewood’s 3rd, 4th and 5th grade teachers will be available via telephone or online from 1:00pm-3:00pm.
2) Parents are asked to make an appointment with their child’s teacher prior to office hours. Contact your child’s teacher to make an appointment.
How long will the No Friday schedule continue?
Canyons School District’s Board of Education will reassess this schedule by December 2020 winter break.