2021-2022 Sprucewood Elementary PTA Open Positions
Sprucewood Elementary PTA is looking for volunteers to join our Board for the 2021-2022 school year. We are grateful for any amount of help you can give!
Executive PTA Board Positions:
- President-Elect: 2 year position that
- Secretary: Prepare agenda, present previous minutes and keep minutes for PTA meetings.
- Treasurer: Maintains records to track PTA funds and financial transactions, prepares annual budget, pays all PTA bills, prepares reports, and submits taxes and reports required by the PTA.
Additional PTA Board Positions:
- Membership VP: Plan and execute a plan to get members to join our PTA. Follow up with prizes to the class with most memberships.
- Volunteer VP: Create a sign up genius to gather names of members who want to volunteer in different capacities of the PTA. Email members when volunteers are needed.
- Legislative VP: Help fulfill the PTA vision by being a child advocate at the local, state, and federal levels. This role is a vital link between the state PTA and the local unit. This member will attend the UTAH PTA Day at the Capital (February).
- Reflections Chair: Oversee the Reflections contest (October). Responsibilities include advertising, collecting entries, sorting, and finding judges for each category (Visual arts, photography, dance, writing, 3d art, and music).
- Fun Run Fundraiser: Plan and organize the yearly PTA fundraiser with a focus on raising the amount of funds needed to meet our PTA budget.
- Junior Achievement: Runs the Junior Achievement program (January-March). Coordinates volunteer with teachers to teach students about community involvement.
- Safety Commissioner (Red Ribbon Week): Plans, and implements the Red Ribbon Week to help students to be drug free (last week in October).
- Book Fair Co-Chair: Oversees the Book Fair twice a year (September/February) during the Parent Teacher Conferences.
- Staff Appreciation: Plans and implements a staff-support (November) and teacher (May) appreciation week for the employees of Sprucewood Elementary.
- Hearing and Vision Screenings: Oversees volunteers for the hearing and vision screenings and make sure we have enough volunteers.
- Box Tops for Education: Runs the Box Tops for Education program at our school. Uses classroom volunteers to submit physical box tops and submits to the program so we can get cash for our school.