Sprucewood Students are Safe, Respectful, Responsible.
I would like to welcome each of you to the start of a wonderful year at Sprucewood Elementary! I look forward to working together to provide the best education for your child(ren).
Sprucewood is an excellent school. We work hard to ensure each child a positive learning experience that enhances self-esteem and fosters fellowship among the parents, student, teachers, and staff.
Suggestions for positive school-home relationships:
- Speak positively about school, schoolwork, and teachers in front of your child.
- Contact your child’s teacher immediately with questions or concerns.
- Check your child’s backpack or work folder each day for notes and homework.
- Please make sure that your child is at school ON TIME each day.
- Support learning and your children will follow your example. Thank you for modeling good manners, positive attitude and kindness.
Thank you again for your continued support!
Colleen Smith, Principal
About Sprucewood Elementary
Teachers and parents combine efforts to foster positive home-school relationships to see that individual student needs are met. Together we work to give each student opportunities to succeed, to learn the organized curriculum, and to gain a sense of self-worth.
- Sprucewood serves approximately 500 students from K-5.
- Curriculum highlights include
- Grade Level Programs that support our curriculum
- After-school Techniteers for our students who love technology
- Golden Falcon Award
- Dance Festival
- Weekly Award Winning Falcon Report (student news broadcast)
- Before School Choir and Orchestra Programs
- Brain Booster Classes including Visual Arts, Technology, Playworks, and Library Media
- The Sprucewood faculty is comprised of state certificated teachers with diverse backgrounds and experiences. Teachers are involved in cooperative teaching at each grade level. Several have master's degrees and all have hours of training beyond the bachelor's degree required for state certification.
- Resource teachers, a speech therapist, and school psychologist are on staff to provide additional support in meeting individual student needs.
- The school has an active PTA which regularly sponsors school activities to enrich the learning program.
- School Community Council meets monthly to provide input from the community on important school issues and develop an annual school improvement plan.
- School volunteers are valued at and log thousands of hours of service to the school each year.
- Technology supports instruction through the use of a 30-station creativity lab, mobile labs, keyboarding instruction, and on-going teacher training.
- PBIS (Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports) provides consistent and positive support for students to meet school behavior expectations.
Student and Parent Handbook
2017-2018 Handbook Coming Soon!
Please read through the handbook above as it addresses attendance, lunch money, communication, daily schedules, curriculum, evidence-based learning resources, programs, how to be involved at Sprucewood, fundraisers and events, school-wide behavior plan, school policies, and parking lot loading and unloading procedures.